Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Jersey Shore

I left Washington D.C. and crossed over
the bridge on the Chesapeake Bay,
then headed down to the top of VA on the Atlantic shore.
Clouds, rain and cold. Pretty much everyday.
But who's complaining?
Sometimes you just gotta make it work regardless of the weather.
So, Game On!
Assateague Island Lighthouse
Chincoteague, VA
Weather, water: all cold
The salt marshes along the roads following the coastline
house a lot of migratory birds
Hereford Inlet Lighthouse
North Wildwood, NJ
Cape May Lighthouse
Cape May, NJ
Southern most point of Jersey

Barnegat Lighthouse
Long Beach Island, NJ
Mid Jersey shoreline
I missed about 10 lighthouses, so I guess I'll have to go back sometime!
Rain.....got stuck in a 2 hr NJ traffic jam.....construction....
Hey, it was a fun journey nonetheless

1 comment:

Diane Hutchinson said...

What a wonderful, moody shot of my favorite lighthouse...