Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Raman for Christmas

So, my brother, Steven, and his family came up north to mom's for Christmas.
Sadly, my four year old nephew promptly got sick. He threw up for over 15 hours which landed him a visit to the Gaylord ER. Poor guy! The next day, my niece got sick.
This led to us all feeling terrible for them and having the conversation about who had or had not been sick on Christmas in the family. To which I said, "I've never been sick on Christmas", and yes there was a touch of pride in my voice when I said it.
Christmas Eve rolled around with best wishes for us all to be able to celebrate the next day together. Not so!
I got sick all through the night and woke up to my mom being sick and unable to get out of bed the entire day. That afternoon my brother got sick.
The only one who managed to not get sick was Bethanne, my sister-in-law. She "says" she did feel pretty queasy at times.......yeah, whatever!
And so began the raman, tea and toast for Christmas. Ever so sadly, the roast got put into the freezer for another day. The next few days were bananas, crackers, pudding, jello and you guessed it, more raman.
I know....... jealous aren't ya?

No comments: